Saturday 23 November 2013

Nail of the Day


It's all too easy to get sucked in to deep burgundies and wine colours on the nails when the cool chill hits, but I like to change it up from time to time without losing the festiveness!


When I fancy a lighter option, for me it's all about greige! Today I went for one of my Essie faves, Miss Fancy Pants – a very light mauvey grey which keeps it wintery without being being dark all the time (those chips show all too easy!). To add a little spice I added a thin coat of Topshop Costume Ball to one nail – the rose gold flakes in this polish look beautiful over most colours, offering something a bit more unique yet still utterly versatile. It's a winner for me!

Let me know what you think about my wintery alternative, what colour are you reaching for at the minute?

H x

7 comments:

  1. I love the accent nail trend- so pretty :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for when you don't want to commit to full glitter! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Really pretty colour! I'm currently reaching for Revlon matte nail varnish in Ruby Ribbon - Its the classic burgundy but oh well, classic autumn/winter! ;)

    Sian Xx | siansbeautybook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wohoo nice blog, I am nail paint addict, so following you back. you can show some love and follow me at www.randomerscloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with adding a bit of sparkle to my nails right now..actually I'm probably like that all year round!:)I'm now following your blog girlie!:)x

    ReplyDelete