Saturday 22 November 2014

Charlotte Tilbury: Lash Perfection?


Stumbling into Harvey Nichols, Leeds one afternoon, I was excited to see the new Charlotte Tilbury counter which had recently graced our city. Having made a bit of a habit of picking up something from her Selfridges counter every time I visited London due to the amazing product quality, I was more than ready to have the chance to purchase her line closer to home.

I originally had my eye on the Colour Chameleon eye pencils, but as the assistant showed me this on the eye, she just needed to finish it off with some of their Full Fat Lashes mascara.... Man did I get a shock! I'm fortunate enough to have naturally long lashes but this just means that when I find a really good mascara, my lashes are just supersized. That's exactly what happened here, even passers by were commenting – they were touching my eyebrows!

As a die-hard fan of the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, it's been a long time since I've even contemplated a different option but I was just so impressed that I had to give this a go. The mascara itself is a nice formula – not too wet so that it gets everywhere taking ages to build, and thick enough to get plenty of volume without making lashes clumpy. The brush is nothing groundbreaking but then I don't think it needs to be – I think this crazy, shaped wand craze is pretty much a fad, right?

The one teeny negative about this product? For some reason I find that after an hour or so, I get prints of mascara below my eyes if I'm not careful which, I can't deny, is frustrating. Is it because my bottom lashes are too big now?! Who knows... but if they ever managed to fix it, well ladies – I think we'd have found true lash perfection.

You can purchase it here for £22.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream. Is there anything bad in this make-up line?

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try something from Charlotte Tilbury. I love her lipsticks xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY want to try a lipstick! Saving the pennies... :) x

      Delete
  3. Hey Cute Girl!
    I really like your Blog. Would you like to support each other and follow via GFC?
    It would be so nice. But only if you like my Blog too.

    Greetings Sophia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great! thanks for sharing. I'm following you now, looking forward to reading more of your blog soon! here is my makeup blog if you're interested!

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product sounds great, and I'm really keen to check it out! Love blog - followed!

    http://itslolll.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like the mascara of dreams!! I have the worlds stubbiest eyelashes so anything that can help lengthen them and I am sold! xx

    ReplyDelete